If you have assigned your publishing rights to a music publishing company, your publisher will register your songs with the rights exchanges for compositions on your behalf. However, if you are also an artist/performer and own the master sound recordings, you can manage your recordings and register your catalog with SoundExchange and Alliance for Artists and Recording Companies (AARC). In addition, as a songwriter, you can take advantage of the robust music business catalog to manage your song details and collaborators, store demo recordings, and more. Lastly, these services typical only administer the portion of your catalog that you've given them rights to and not your full catalog. For songs that they do not administer, you can register through TuneRegistry.

Did this answer your question?